Salutations!

Welcome and thank you for visiting. Feel free to share your thoughts by leaving a note. Please be kind and respectful. I bruise easily.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Second Chance

We picked up a Christmas tree from the guys at Delancey Street the other day. It cost us a few times more than what we would've paid at Home Depot, but we didn't mind since it's for a good cause. When I first entered the lot, though, I headed straight to the cheapest options -- the lopsided or otherwise unhealthy ones in the back for $19.95. I could say I was drawn to them thinking, "hey, these trees deserve a second chance, too, right?", but really,...I'm cheap. After some browsing and pawing at branches to check for needle retention, I fell for a fragrant and symmetrical (full-priced) pine that finally came home with us. Isn't she beautiful?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful tree. And i can smell it through the screen. Nice job -a