Salutations!

Welcome and thank you for visiting. Feel free to share your thoughts by leaving a note. Please be kind and respectful. I bruise easily.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Personal Touch

We had a blackout this morning that prompted an “uh…hello??” call to PG&E. Although the entity on the other end of the Power Outage Reporting Line was a computer with an automated woman’s voice, I was impressed by the personal touch that she tried to convey.

Those people impersonators always make me chuckle when their programmed vocal inflexions over-emphasize inserted words, like, “Your power will be restored at…ELEVEN!...O’CLOCK!!” She then offered to notify me by phone if there was a change in status, or when power was restored, or both. “BOTH!” I bellowed into the receiver, imitating her earlier dramatic voice.

Then she proceeded to tell me that notifications would not be provided between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m., so as not to disturb sleeping customers; and that if I was concerned about oversleeping, she could give me a wake-up call. Pleasantly unexpected. I was intrigued about this extra personal touch – from my gas and electric company? – but since it was the middle of the day, I declined the offer. Maybe next time.

Photo credit: Google image

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damn, if i knew about the wake up call, i could have taken a nap :) -A