Salutations!

Welcome and thank you for visiting. Feel free to share your thoughts by leaving a note. Please be kind and respectful. I bruise easily.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

2010 Surrender Mix (so far)*

I'm dubbing 2010 my "Surrender" year. Not to say that I'm giving up or throwing in the towel, but rather that I'm yielding, submitting myself to whatever God wants to do with me and my life.

A few things that I had hoped for did not come to fruition, a few extra burdens climbed onto my back. While the ensuing period of disappointment sucked, it eventually led me to an upward climb towards realization that I was trying to make everything fit into a nice perfect landscape that I had imagined my life to be.

So that's the backstory for my 2010 Surrender Mix. 'Tho I'm not a musician - (whatever happened to those 8 years of piano lessons?) - music has always had an immense influence on me. It's been awhile since I posted my last annual playlist. Here's what I've got so far for 2010, songs that have made me pause or given me a boost when needed.
Let's see how the rest of this year goes.

____
*Note: Title inspired by NPR's Listeners Pick list, which has several good ones, too.
Photo credit: Google image

4 comments:

Jen(n) said...

Great idea. I need to do this for June, it sucked for me. Hang in there girlfriend.

Squeaks said...

Thanks, Jen(n). Last day of June - hope things are on the upswing for you, too.

Anonymous said...

awesome! i surrender with you babe -a

Anonymous said...

Slow Your Breath Down is one of my favorite songs from that band...good choice =)